Have you ever wanted to avoid opening websites to check for updates, and instead receive them directly in the Discord server of your choice?
Doing this used to require either a dedicated bot on Discord, or for the most adventurous to setup your own scraping infrastructure, and spend your evenings on it to ensure it works.
This guide explains how to setup Discord with Monitoro to receive website changes directly in the Discord server and channel of your choice.
1. Create a webhook in Discord.
2. Connect Discord to your project in Monitoro using the webhook.
3. Create your Discord alerts in Monitoro.
To start receiving alerts in a new Discord server, first you need to create a webhook. It's quite simple:
1. Open your server's settings page.
2. Click on the "Create webhook" button.
3. Choose a channel, and setup a name and avatar to display your messages.
4. Copy the webhook URL.
Now that you have the webhook URL, go to your Services page, create a new Service and select Discord.
Paste your webhook URL in the text field below, and click on Connect this service.
You can send messages and alerts to Discord from any project in Monitoro, by triggering it from an integration rule.
Just click on Connect and you're done!
To learn more about Monitoro, make sure to check out our blog.